Sunday, June 14, 2009

A MAN MAY TOIL FROM SUN TO SUN...BUT A DOBIE'S WORK IS NEVER DONE! OR "HE SAID, SHE SAID"!


Cooper, I know I can vent with you about this, with three kids to take care of, you have it even harder than me, so I know you understand.
Everyday it is such a hard task to get mommy up!!!!
The sun is high in the sky, and I start my day and fulfill my responsibilities. I scratch the crate's door, whine, make as much noise as I can....

Rupert, it's not the sun, it's the moon, for pete sake it's 5:45 let me sleeeep!

Finally I get her up, she opens the door so that I can relieve myself, she feeds me, hmm! that ACANA food is really yummy, but then ....she lays down again...all my work was for nought!!!

OK Rupert, you are fed, let me sleep a little longer! Have mercy, I am on vacation after all!!

I have got to use my noodle in order to fulfill my duties...let's see... usually she's on me in a flash when I grab mentionables...and unmentionables, and run to the yard, or chew them in the sofa. She runs after me with her eyes still only half way open.... I give her a good run for her money,... I got her up now...oh no!, she yells at me of all things, and goes back to bed!


Rupert, this is NO! You do not chew mommy's slippers and Jazzi's flip-flops! Bad boy!
I need sleep, my kingdom for a few more hours! Pleeeeseee!

I's 8am, it took me two full hours, but finally I have fulfilled my duties and I can reep the rewards of a job well done. I must tell you though, and I know you understand, that it has drained me, I am thorougly exhausted! With the ounce or two of energy left in me I'll jump on the sofa and finally relax! Ahh! The joys and satisfactions of a job well done!

OK, This is my lot in life, it not a lot, but it's a life, I will unglue my eyes, drown my sorrows in some extra strong espresso, and seat in the veranda until my senses kick in and I am conscious again. It would not be quite as bad if I did not have to look at that rascal sleeping like an angel on the sofa!

1 comment:

SwissKnits! said...

Hey, Rupert, enough with the x-rated pictures already... we Dobes must maintain our dignity, as well as mystery....

I woke up my mommy early this morning too... it was back to school for Julia and Mommy needed to giver her a ride...

They would be SO lost without me...
Woof!!