Sunday, June 14, 2009

HEY, COOPER! LOOK AT ME.... I CAN WALK ON WATER!!!

Today was a beautiful day, I did my usual stuff in the morning (more about that in another post), and in the afternoon, just when I thought that mommy and Jazzi forgot about my walk, they took the leash out, and I knew good things were about to happen. I always enjoy going around the neighborhood and visiting friend and foes alike, but my best walks are to uncle Tony's house, there is so much to do there, not the least visiting Riva my little cousin (or something).
She is a little hard to read and I still don't know if she wants to be my friend, but I'm all for it...you know how social I am! Well, uncle Tony was not in, I sniffed around his gate to make sure, so we kept going towards "the vasca" which is their little beach; at this point I knew it would really be fun! The vasca is a small stony beach, which it is not full of people so I can run free...and boy did I ever!


At first it was as usual, just going in and out retrieving the ball and dumbell, but at one point someone threw the ball very far and I decided to go and get it anyway, it is fun feeling the water all around you as you walk on the sand or the stones, but this time something new happened...all of the sudden the stones were not there anymore!!!! Oops! Slight moment of indecision...little concern... but then I realized....I CAN WALK ON WATER!!!! I'm up there with Peter and his Boss..but unlike him I kept the faith and kept going!! Mommy was filming me, but unfortunately she messed something up and the movie was canceled, all we have are a few pictures of this fantastic moment.

You should have heard mommy screaming ,with a southern accent "My baby boy is swimming", she was besides herself!. Of course she had plenty of reasons to be busting her buttons, my style was flawless, my retrieving perfect, I was not afraid to stick my head in the water to grab the ball, and no matter how far they thew it, my courage never failed and I was on that ball like fleas on dogs. Also, I have it from reliable sources, that my beloved predecessors Talley and Rufus never learned to swim, and that is another reason for mommy's joy. I can't wait to go swimming again, I think that is going to be my favorite sport!

2 comments:

SwissKnits! said...

Cool Rupert! I don't know if I know how to swim yet. My people bought me a Kiddy Pool at W-M, and I use it to cool down after soccer practice... I LOVE my pink and black soccer ball!! but they don't put too much water in there...I must find a lake or something....

Have FUN!! out there Rupe...

islandpurls said...

Oh definitely, find a lake...it is so much fun, I would spend all day there if they let me!